Posted on

Property transfers are a common occurrence, however there is a certain legal process that needs to be followed when transferring a property. It is important that this is done correctly to avoid any future legal issues. Our team of lawyers are experts in the field of transfer of property melbourne and can assist you with the necessary steps to be taken.

If you want to transfer transfer of property melbourne of your property to someone else you will need to get the rental provider’s written consent [section 81] or an order from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). The VCAT orders can be quite lengthy and detailed and should only be granted if there is good reason to do so. If your landlord has charged you for giving their consent you can report them to Consumer Affairs Victoria and they may be required to refund you these costs.

Smooth Transitions: Guide to Property Transfer in Melbourne

Another option for transferring your property is to gift it to a family member. This is often a good way to help someone in the family enter the market and also reduce capital gains tax. However, this is not without its risks and should be undertaken with expert advice. The first step will be to obtain a professional valuation of the property to establish its market value.

From there, you will need to fill out the correct forms and lodge these with your state office that looks after land titles. If you have a mortgage on the property, this will need to be discharged prior to settlement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *